Congratulations to 5th Grade teacher
Mrs. Nancy Cline
on her retirement!
43 years of Teaching 1975-2018
at 2 Jefferson County schools
Shepherdstown Elementary &
South Jefferson Elementary
Over 1000 students
A Colleague, A Mentor, A Friend
So Many Student's Lives Changed Forever!
School policy allows admission of children born between September 1st and September 15th inclusive only if they meet eligibility requirements.
To be eligible for early Kindergarten entrance, the child must score at or above the ninety fifth percentile on a standardized comprehensive measure of developmental skills when compared to age norms appropriate to a child who would be 5 years old prior to September 1. This assessment will be administered by qualified Jefferson County personnel. To enroll a child born between those dates, please contact the Pupil Services Department at 304-728-9236.
1. Please bring an original State Certified Birth Certificate with the State Seal, as per requirement of WV state law. Information for acquiring a West Virginia State Certified Birth Certificate can be obtained at your county court house or the school office, but you cannot get a State Certified Birth Certificate at the Court House.
2. Proof of the required Immunization Records (listed below)
· DPT –(four doses required - one dose must be given on or after the fourth birthday)
· Polio –(three doses required - one dose must be given on or after the fourth birthday)
· MMR = Measles –(two doses before kindergarten admission) (1st. dose must be after 1st. birthday)
Rubella –(two doses before kindergarten admission) (1st. dose must be after 1st. birthday)
Mumps-(two doses before kindergarten admission) (1st. dose must be after 1st. birthday)
· Varicella (Chickenpox)-(two doses before kindergarten admission-first dose must be after first birthday)
· Hepatitis B-(3 doses required - last dose must be after the age of 6 months)
· Once school has started and a student transfers to a WV School from Out of State, a TB Skin Test is required before entering school.
To find out how to get immunization records contact your family physician.
3. Physical - Every kindergarten student will need a Physical completed by a Physician before entering kindergarten. Forms for a Physical are available at the School Office or a local Doctor’s Office.
4. Schools are also required to ask for Your child’s Social Security Card.
Effective the 2018-19 school year, children must attain the age of four prior to July 1 in order to enroll in Pre-K. The 2018-19 PK application will be available after February 12. Your completed application (all components) must be turned in at the Head Start/Pre-K - T.A. Lowery site (brick building located to the right of T.A. Lowery Elementary School), 221 Warm Springs Road, Shenandoah Junction, WV 25442. Please note: New regulations for 2018-2019 require potential students to experience their fourth birthday prior to July 01, 2018.
NOTICE FOR KINDERGARTEN
Effective the 2019-2020 school year, children must attain the age of five prior to July 1 in order to enroll in Kindergarten.
Citizenship Awards are posted under Our School, Recognitions
PASS Volunteers Needed!
PASS stands for Providing Academic and Self-esteem Support. It is a school-based program designed to boost the academic skills and self-esteem of identified students. PASS volunteers serve as mentors as well as tutors for these students, providing consistent support, encouragement and modeling. Volunteers work one-on-one with their paired student for 30 minutes each week during school hours. If would like for information please contact myself at our main # or e-mail: email@example.com
In Jefferson County, There’s an App for That
Jefferson County Schools has released its new mobile application, “Jefferson County Schools” for use with the Android, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Amazon Kindle operating systems. The free app, now available for download on Google Play, iTunes, and the Amazon Appstore provides information about the daily operations of Jefferson County Schools. You can see the scheduled events, directory information, breakfast and lunch menus, current status of Closings/Delays/Early Dismissals, and any school bus that may be running late. You can even login to Live Grades, the electronic gradebook, from this site.