The Shepherdstown Elementary/Middle School LSIC meeting has been rescheduled for Thursday, March 13th at 7pm in the Shepherdstown ES library.
Effective the 2018-19 school year, children must attain the age of four prior to July 1 in order to enroll in Pre-K. The 2018-19 PK application will be available after February 12. Your completed application (all components) must be turned in at the Head Start/Pre-K - T.A. Lowery site (brick building located to the right of T.A. Lowery Elementary School), 221 Warm Springs Road, Shenandoah Junction, WV 25442. Please note: New regulations for 2018-2019 require potential students to experience their fourth birthday prior to July 01, 2018.
NOTICE FOR KINDERGARTEN
Effective the 2019-2020 school year, children must attain the age of five prior to July 1 in order to enroll in Kindergarten.
1. Please bring your child on enrollment day. Speech, Language and hearing screenings will be conducted at this registration.
School policy allows admission of children born between September 1st and September 15th inclusive only if they meet eligibility requirements.
To be eligible for early Kindergarten entrance, the child must score at or above the ninety fifth percentile on a standardized comprehensive measure of developmental skills when compared to age norms appropriate to a child who would be 5 years old prior to September 1. This assessment will be administered by qualified Jefferson County personnel.
To enroll a child born between those dates, please contact the Pupil Services Department at 304-728-9236.
3. Please bring an original State Certified Birth Certificate with the State Seal, as per requirement of WV state law. Information for acquiring a West Virginia State Certified Birth Certificate can be obtained at your county court house or the school office, but you cannot get a State Certified Birth Certificate at the Court House.
4. Proof of the required Immunization Records (listed below)
· DPT –(four doses required - one dose must be given on or after the fourth birthday)
· Polio –(three doses required - one dose must be given on or after the fourth birthday)
· MMR = Measles –(two doses before kindergarten admission) (1st. dose must be after 1st. birthday)
Mumps-(two doses before kindergarten admission) (1st. dose must be after 1st. birthday)
Rubella –(two doses before kindergarten admission) (1st. dose must be after 1st. birthday)
Varicella (Chickenpox)-(two doses before kindergarten admission-first dose must be after first birthday)
· Hepatitis B-(3 doses required - last dose must be after the age of 6 months)
· Tuberculin Test-Only required for students in high risk categories. See Jefferson County Health Department for screening information.
5. Physical - Every kindergarten student will need a Physical completed by a Physician before entering kindergarten. Forms for a Physical are available at the School Office or a local Doctor’s Office.
6. Schools are also required to ask for Your child’s Social Security Card. Please bring it with you on registration day.
Winners of the Snowy Prediction Contest
In conjunction with Mrs. Cline's study of weather, 5th grade students predicted the first snow day of 2018. The winners are: CJ Curtin, Cooper Lillard, Sylvia Trevathan, Sophia Myers, Grace Lindsay, Anna McMillan, Kate Colbert, Maci Dunn. They will enjoy some ice cream at Nutter's.
Citizenship Awards are posted under Our School, Recognitions
Shepherdstown Elementary Student Council Helps the Animals at Jefferson County Animal Welfare Have a Happy Holiday!
Thanks to our families and friends for their continued generosity. A special thank you to Ryleigh Waggoner and her family who took our letter to local merchants. The merchants who donated were: Martins in Charles Town and Martinsburg, Shop n 'Save in Kearneysville and Martinsburg, Foodlion in Charles Town and Shepherdstown, and Pet Smart.
There has been several rumors regarding heat in SES classrooms. I have included a letter explaining the situation. I do apologize for the delayed notification as we were trying to get information regarding the situation.
In honor of Dimas the Shepherdstown Rotary auctioned off a Christmas Tree at the Rotary Ball on Friday, December 1 that Shepherdstown Elementary third grade students decorated. A Doctor with WVU Medicine won the tree and has placed it at Jefferson Medical Center in their Emergency Department.
PASS Volunteers Needed!
PASS stands for Providing Academic and Self-esteem Support. It is a school-based program designed to boost the academic skills and self-esteem of identified students. PASS volunteers serve as mentors as well as tutors for these students, providing consistent support, encouragement and modeling. Volunteers work one-on-one with their paired student for 30 minutes each week during school hours. If would like for information please contact myself at our main # or e-mail: email@example.com
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Spirit Day BVINTAGE in Charles Town- mention SES
11:00 AM - 3:00 PM Spirit Day BVINTAGE in Charles Town - mention SES
4:30 PM SEA Meeting in Conference Room
3:00 PM - 9:00 PM King's Pizza Spirit Event (Mention SES)
9:00 AM Spring Pictures & Class Pictures
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Sock Hop - Grades 4-5 $5.00
4:30 PM SEA Meeting in Conference Room