Please help our Relay for Life team by going to www.relayforlife.org/jeffersonwv and joining our Shepherdstown Elementary J Birds team. All SES staff, students, parents, family and friends are welcome! Join us at Jefferson High School on Saturday June 25 from 12n-12midnight.
School policy allows admission of children born between September 1st and September 15th inclusive only if they meet eligibility requirements.
To be eligible for early Kindergarten entrance, the child must score at or above the ninety fifth percentile on a standardized comprehensive measure of developmental skills when compared to age norms appropriate to a child who would be 5 years old prior to September 1. This assessment will be administered by qualified Jefferson County personnel. To enroll a child born between those dates, please contact the Pupil Services Department at 304-728-9236.
1. Please bring an original State Certified Birth Certificate with the State Seal, as per requirement of WV state law. Information for acquiring a West Virginia State Certified Birth Certificate can be obtained at your county court house or the school office, but you cannot get a State Certified Birth Certificate at the Court House.
2. Proof of the required Immunization Records (listed below)
· DPT –(four doses required - one dose must be given on or after the fourth birthday)
· Polio –(three doses required - one dose must be given on or after the fourth birthday)
· MMR = Measles –(two doses before kindergarten admission) (1st. dose must be after 1st. birthday)
Rubella –(two doses before kindergarten admission) (1st. dose must be after 1st. birthday)
Mumps-(two doses before kindergarten admission) (1st. dose must be after 1st. birthday)
· Varicella (Chickenpox)-(two doses before kindergarten admission-first dose must be after first birthday)
· Hepatitis B-(3 doses required - last dose must be after the age of 6 months)
· Once school has started and a student transfers to a WV School from Out of State, a TB Skin Test is required before entering school.
To find out how to get immunization records contact your family physician.
3. Physical - Every kindergarten student will need a Physical completed by a Physician before entering kindergarten. Forms for a Physical are available at the School Office or a local Doctor’s Office.
4. Schools are also required to ask for Your child’s Social Security Card.
Square 1 Art
Online Ordering Available
Square1art.com/shop enter online art access code that came home on the order form.
If you do not have this code please call Square1 Art at 888-332-3294
Would you like to sign up to receive email notices about school news?
Great American Opportunities is a company where you can place an order on many products including magazines, personalized items, and gifts for the kids. In return, Shepherdstown Elementary will get a minimum of 40% of the retail price you pay (excluding shipping & handling) when you purchase a regular gift or magazine product. If you purchase a personalized or online exclusive product, the school will get 25% of the retail price you pay not including the shipping & handling.
(1.) Click on the link shown below to get to the website. By clicking on this link, it guarantees that anything you purchase, a percentage of that purchase will go to Shepherdstown Elementary.
(2.) On the first screen, you can type the name of the student you want to support or you can click on SKIP THIS STEP.