1. You may access current vacancies by:
• Logging onto our job website at boe.jeff.k12.wv.us.
• Check these sources at least weekly, since most jobs are posted 5-10 working days.
• Complete the Job Vacancy Form for each vacancy you wish to apply for (you may either download this form via this site and FAX it to our office at (304) 728-9274, request one from our office, or complete the form online and "DONE").
2. Access the Jefferson County Schools Professional Application by:
• Downloading the professional application.
• Pick one up at our Central Office.
• Applicants without previous teaching experience are to provide references from supervising teachers, supervising principals, and college supervisors related to your teaching experience.
• Applicants with previous teaching experience are to provide references from principals, instructional supervisors, department chairpersons, and/or other administrators. Once our office receives the above documents, you will be contacted by our office
for interviews for vacant positions which you qualify for.
4. Upon hiring, the following must also be completed/submitted:
• Chest X-Ray or Tuberculin Skin Test (PPD)
• Tax forms/health benefit forms
• Signed employment contract
• Official transcripts
• College/University Placement File Request (required for all new teachers just completing their educational requirements)
• Verification of prior teaching experience, if applicable (Please download the form via this site, or call our office and have one mailed to you, sending the form(s) to all appropriate school systems or previous places of employment, and requesting that the completed forms be sent directly back to our office.)
• Fingerprinting and completed Record Request Check Card (background check)
• Employment Eligibility Verification
• Drug-Free Workplace Statement
5. Applications will be kept on file for one (1) year. If you would like to remain on our prospective applicant list, please contact our office at (304) 728-9025 prior to the one-year date of initial application.
6. Should you have any questions about the application process, please contact the Human Resources Office at (304) 728-9025.
Thank you for your interest in seeking employment with Jefferson County Schools!