C. W. SHIPLEY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
(Wednesday, March 18, 2015)
1. State Certified Birth Certificate
(Student must be 5 years old before September 1)
(According to West Virginia State Law and Rules)
3. Physical (Each student entering Kindergarten must have a five year old Physical. Physical forms for a five year old are available at the local doctors' offices or Jefferson County Board of Education Office under Medical Forms. Please call your Doctor for an appointment before school starts.) The Physical Form is due before the first day Kindergarten Students start to school.
5. Proof of Residence (911 Physical Address)
6. Bring your child with you on registration
C. W. Shipley Elementary School Kindergarten Registration for 2015-2016 school year will be Wednesday, March 18, 2015.
9:00-10:30 -- Students with last names A-F
10:30-12:00 -- Students with last names G-L
1:00-2:00 -- Students with last names M-R
2:00-3:00 -- Students with last names S-Z
Students entering C. W. Shipley Elementary School must live in our School District to enroll for school. Students must enroll at their home school.
1. Please bring your child on enrollment day. Language and hearing screenings will be conducted at this registration. If you miss the registration opportunities, please call the school within your home district to make an appointment. (304-725-4395)
2. A child must be 5 years old before September 1 in order to enter kindergarten. School policy allows admission of children, meeting eligibility requirements, born between September 1st and September 15th, inclusive, to kindergarten. To enroll a child born between those dates, contact the Department of Pupil Services at 304-728-9242 to discuss the requirements.
3. Please bring an original State Certified Birth Certificate with the State Seal, as per requirement of WV state law. Information for acquiring a West Virginia State Certified Birth Certificate can be obtained at your county court house or the school office, but you cannot get a State Certified Birth Certificate at the Court House.
4. Proof of the required Immunization Records (listed below)
· DPT –(four doses required - one dose must be given on or after the fourth birthday)
· Polio –(three doses required - one dose must be given on or after the fourth birthday)
· MMR = Measles –(two doses before kindergarten admission) (1st. dose must be after 1st. birthday)
Rubella –(two doses before kindergarten admission) (1st. dose must be after 1st. birthday)
Mumps-(two doses before kindergarten admission) (1st. dose must be after 1st. birthday)
· Varicella (Chickenpox)-(two doses before kindergarten admission-first dose must be after first birthday)
· Hepatitis B-(3 doses required - last dose must be after the age of 6 months)
· Once school has started and a student transfers to a WV School from Out of State, a TB Skin Test is required before entering school.
To find out how to get immunization records contact your family physician or contact the Jefferson County Health Department at 304-728-8416.
5. Physical - Every kindergarten student will need a Physical completed by a Physician before entering kindergarten. Forms for a Physical are available at the School Office or a local Doctor’s Office.
6. Schools are also required to ask for Your child’s Social Security Number. Please bring it with you on registration day.
7. Proof of residency (Please bring a utility bill such as an electric bill that has your Name and your 911 physical address not just your mailing address.)
The Common Core State Standards were adopted by West Virginia in 2011 as the West Virginia's Next Generation Content Standards and Objectives for mathematics and English language arts. West Virginia educators incorporated the common core standards into West Virginia's Next Generation standards making the way teachers teach more focused and flexible while making the way students learn more engaging and personalized. These standards will be fully implemented in grades 3-12 for the 2014-15 academic year.
Smarter Balanced Practice Tests
The Smarter Balanced Practice Tests offer an exciting opportunity for students, parents, and the Jefferson County community to explore West Virginia’s new standardized assessments for English Language Arts and Mathematics. Simply follow this link. Log in as a guest and select a grade to begin discovering firsthand the tools and types of questions that are used to help assess students’ mastery of West Virginia’s Next Generations Content Standards and Objectives. For further information, please go to the Smarter Balanced Practice and Training Tests website.
· Everyone entering the building (including parents bringing students inside the school or signing children out at the end of the day) must provide photo identification.
· Front doors open at 8:30. Please do not bring students to school prior to that time.
· Doors open for parent pick-up at 3:35. Please do not come early.
· All visitors must report directly to the front office, provide identification, sign in, and receive a visitor’s badge.
· Visitors/Parents are not allowed to go to classrooms after the 9:00 a.m. tardy bell rings.
· If you ask somebody not on your child’s emergency form to pick them up, send a note to school including your contact information and expect to be called by school personnel to verify the authenticity of your note.
· When entering the building, please do not hold the door open for visitors that have not pressed the call button. Each visitor must press the call button and wait to be admitted after speaking with the receptionist.
· The AlphaBest Before/After Care Program has a wireless doorbell to ring if you are checking students in or out of that program.
· All after school programs (sports, scouts, etc.) will have a representative at the front doors to allow entrance.
We would like to assure you that everyone at C.W. Shipley has the safety and welfare of your children as our priority.
If you have a loyalty card and have not registered it, please consider doing so. It is free and definitely helps the school.
Log on to: https://www.foodlionmvprewards.com/ to register online, or
Dial 1-877-614-6877 to register your card over the phone
Shipley’s ID # for the Food Lion MVP Program is: 218523
GIANT’S Bonus Card Program:
Log on to: www.giantfood.com/aplus to register online, or
Dial 1-877-275-2758 to register your card over the phone
Shipley’s ID# for the Giant’s Bonus Card Program is: 03841
MARTIN’S Bonus Card Program:
Log on to: www.martinsfoods.com/aplus to register online, or
Dial 1-888-448-4642 to register your card over the phone
Shipley’s ID# for the Martins Bonus Card Program is: 00262
TARGET’S RED CARD Program:
Log on to: www.target.com /redcard/benefits-target-rewards to register online, or
Shipley’s ID for Target’s Red Card Program is: 107294
After you register your card, each time you use your store rewards cards at these stores, you will earn cash for C.W. Shipley, which will be used for educational needs.
Thank you for taking the time to register your card to benefit the students at C.W. Shipley.
Heather E. Boucher
P.S. Don’t forget to save and send in Boxtops for Education, which can be found on many General Mills products. Each Boxtop is 10¢, that helps fund the Elizabeth Seibert Scholarship, which is given to graduating seniors, who attended Shipley at least 4 years.
8:00 AM - 8:30 AM Business Partner Meeting
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM SEA Meeting