Important Notice - Calendar Change
· March 8 - regular Instructional day of school for students
· June 3 - regular Instructional day of school for students
· June 4 - regular Instructional day of school for students
· June 5 - regular Instructional day of school for students
· June 6 - regular Instructional day of school for students
· Everyone entering the building (including parents bringing students inside the school or signing children out at the end of the day) must provide photo identification.
· Front doors open at 8:30. Please do not bring students to school prior to that time.
· Doors open for parent pick-up at 3:35. Please do not come early.
· All visitors must report directly to the front office, provide identification, sign in, and receive a visitor’s badge.
· Visitors/Parents are not allowed to go to classrooms after the 9:00 a.m. tardy bell rings.
· If you ask somebody not on your child’s emergency form to pick them up, send a note to school including your contact information and expect to be called by school personnel to verify the authenticity of your note.
· When entering the building, please do not hold the door open for visitors that have not pressed the call button. Each visitor must press the call button and wait to be admitted after speaking with the receptionist.
· The AlphaBest Before/After Care Program has a wireless doorbell to ring if you are checking students in or out of that program.
· All after school programs (sports, scouts, etc.) will have a representative at the front doors to allow entrance.
We would like to assure you that everyone at C.W. Shipley has the safety and welfare of your children as our priority.
This information was sent home earlier this year, but if you have not registered your loyalty cards, it is not too late. Food Lion sent a nice letter to the school saying that to date, we only have 16 cards signed up. We need 25 cards signed up to receive a monthly check. If you have a loyalty card and have not registered it, please consider doing so. It is free and definitely helps the school.
Log on to: https://www.foodlionmvprewards.com/ to register online, or
Dial 1-877-614-6877 to register your card over the phone
Shipley’s ID # for the Food Lion MVP Program is: 218523
GIANT’S Bonus Card Program:
Log on to: www.giantfood.com/aplus to register online, or
Dial 1-877-275-2758 to register your card over the phone
Shipley’s ID# for the Giant’s Bonus Card Program is: 03841
MARTIN’S Bonus Card Program:
Log on to: www.martinsfoods.com/aplus to register online, or
Dial 1-888-448-4642 to register your card over the phone
Shipley’s ID# for the Martins Bonus Card Program is: 00262
TARGET’S RED CARD Program:
Log on to: www.target.com /redcard/benefits-target-rewards to register online, or
Shipley’s ID for Target’s Red Card Program is: 107294
After you register your card, each time you use your store rewards cards at these stores, you will earn cash for C.W. Shipley, which will be used for educational needs.
Thank you for taking the time to register your card to benefit the students at C.W. Shipley.
Heather E. Boucher
P.S. Don’t forget to save and send in Boxtops for Education, which can be found on many General Mills products. Each Boxtop is 10¢, that helps fund the Elizabeth Seibert Scholarship, which is given to graduating seniors, who attended Shipley at least 4 years.
1. All schools will be ranked by the percent proficient in each subject, including reading/language arts, math, science, social studies as well as the Writing Assessment. Schools earning the top combined ranking will be eligible for the next step of ranking on a student achievement index. All students in each school will be ranked by a student achievement index in each subject on the WESTEST2 and Writing Assessment with progressive weighting for scores at each performance level (.25 for Below Mastery, .5 for Mastery, .75 for Above Mastery, and 1.0 for Distinguished) and aggregated for a total ranking. The top 10 percent weighted ranking for elementary, middle and high schools will be designated as Exemplary if other criteria are met.
2. The student attendance rate is at or above 94 percent in the most recent year for which data are available.
3. The percentage of students who successfully complete Advanced Placement, dual credit and honors classes as defined in Policy 2510 is at or above five percent in high schools.
For more information, contact the Office of Education Performance Audits at (304) 558-3788, or the Office of Communications at (304) 558-2699."
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Kindergarten Graduation
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Regular School Day (Calendar Change)
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM 5th Grade Graduation