All regular employees (employed since 2005) are covered under the West Virginia Teachers Retirement System. The employee has six (6) percent deducted from each pay to contribute to the retirement plan. The employer contributes an amount equal to seven and one-half (7½) percent of the employees pay to the retirement plan. You are 100% vested in the retirement plan upon completing 5 years of service.
403b Annuity Plan
Jefferson Co. Schools has a 403(b) retirement annuity plan available to its employees. A 403(b) plan is a tax-advantaged retirement savings plan available for public education organizations which allows employees to make pre-tax contributions to an individually managed retirement account. Employees who elect to participate in the 403(b) plan have various participating vendors from which to choose. A list has been provided below for your convenience.
1. MetLife – Group Number: 0829465. Contact Service Center at 1-800-560-5001, between 9am and 6pm, EST, Monday through Friday for assistance.
Tom Stuvek 724-880-1989
3. Thrivent Financial For Lutherans – Group ID: 002403250-001, Thrivent ID: 505932664.
Contact info.: 1832 W. Plaza Dr., Winchester, VA 22601, 540-450-1515
4. AIG American General (VALIC) – Company Identification – WV2018. Enrollment Center, M-F, 7:30 am - 7 pm (Central Time), 1-888-569-7055
5. AXA Equitable – Unit Number: 073592 001, Retirement Program: TSA Public School, Professional: Nicholas Aberegg, Phone: (304) 274-3327, cell: (304) 582-1371, Nicholas.email@example.com.
6. Horace Mann – State/group #47093, www.horacemann.com, Thom Warren – 329 Aikens Center, Martinsburg, WV 25404 - 1-304-579-8622, Fax: 304-579- 8753 - Thom.Warren@horacemann.com
7. Security Benefit – Old Dominion Insurance & Investments, 420 West Jubal Early Drive, Suite 202, Winchester, VA 22601. Jim Patton/Bruce Allen, Phone: 540-545-8915 or 800-621-3863, Fax: 540-545-8917, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. VOYA (formerly ING – ReliaStar Life Insurance Company) - Plan Number: 1NL403, Employer Number: AA53, Representative: Marta A Steane - 540-636-3245, 350 Fontana Rd., Front Royal, VA 22630
9. National Life Group (ValuTeachers) – Rep. Barbara Freeman (office) 540-908-2899
10. Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.(IDS/American Express – Group Payment Number: 14805 6, Eugene Abelow, (304) 725-4963, 4923 Leetown Rd Kearneysville, WV 25430, email@example.com
11. JNL (Jefferson National Life Insurance Company – Group Number: 4101890, Customer Service 1-866-667-0561
12. ASPIRE Financial Services - Financial Advisor, George Alwin AAMS (Edward Jones), 75 Maddex Square Drive, Shepherdstown, WV 25443, Bus. 304-876-1961, Fax 866-462-2503, TF. 800-876-1990, www.edwardjones.com
WEST VIRGINIA RETIREMENT PLUS (457) PLAN
West Virginia Retirement Plus is a supplemental retirement plan designed to provide an extra savings alternative for all state, county, city and other political subdivision employees. This retirement program is similar to a 401(k) plan in structure except that it is designed to supplement a participant's primary retirement plan. Employee contributions to the Plan are managed via convenient payroll deductions. There are a variety of quality investment options including one stable value fund and twenty five mutual funds representing various asset classes.
Learn more at www.wv457.com.